Fostering a love of reading among preschool children and their families.
- Ensuring that every child has books regardless of his or her family’s income by providing a quality, age-appropriate book every month to registered Lafayette County children between birth and age five.
- Workshops and newsletters for parents about using the books and promoting reading in the home.
- Independent studies show the Imagination Library drastically improves early childhood literacy testing scores.
- This program is made possible with funding from the United Way of Oxford and Lafayette County.
- Need to enroll your child? Register online here (click on “Register my Child” at the top of the page) or mail in a registration form (available at the Lafayette County & Oxford public library, the Lafayette County Health Department, WIC Center, Boys & Girls Club, Mary Cathey Head Start Center, Pantry, and elsewhere).
- Have you moved? If you provided an e-mail address on your registration form, you can update your child’s address online (click on “Parent Login Area” at the top of the page). You can also email your child’s full name, birth date and new address to email@example.com or call (662) 234-4234.