Formerly the Young Authors Fair
Turning local first-graders into lifelong readers by bringing a children’s book to life.
- Every first grader in the community receives a copy of a quality, age-appropriate book selected by a committee of local educators and children’s literature experts.
- The book is incorporated into a week of fun and curriculum-connected activities at local schools.
- The nationally recognized author speaks to local first graders at The Gertrude Ford Center for the Performing Arts.
- Parents receive information about why and how to encourage their child to read.
- Sponsored by local businesses and individuals as well as a grant from the Mississippi Humanities Council.